Saturday, December 15, 2012

Recipe Of The Week : Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I'm usually the one who loves cooking and is always in the kitchen, yet I'm still really young. I love baking, since it doesn't include the stove, which I'm awfully afraid of getting burned. But, these pancakes makes an exception, since it's very simple and easy to make.










Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (you can also use gluten free flour)
2 tsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (regular milk works too)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
( Note : It can also be a pancake mix from a box, and you can just add chocolate chips )

Directions:

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in buttermilk, oil, and eggs and then mix just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once griddle is warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter using 1/4 cups. Once you see bubbles appear on the top surface of the pancake flip them. Cook for an additional minute or 2 on the other side. Remove from griddle and serve with butter and syrup. Or as I like my pancakes, with nutella and confectioner's sugar. Delicious! 



Like it? Comment down below if you try it and tell me what you think! 


Idea : What I did was shape them into hearts with a cookie cutter and I gave them to my mom for breakfast on Mother's day. She loved them, and I also gave her some other assortments of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Love Yew!! ~~ Megan <3 RAWR, ME A MONSTER.